Skip to main content

I need to know how to handle grandparent visitation problem.

Oklahoma City, OK |

Last Aug-I agreed to have my mom to keep my 9 yr son m-f so he could go to the local school. She cnvncd me to sign a grandparent visitation agreement; I was told that it was only so she had a legal document to show that I (bc i hv full custody)give her perm to have my son m-f it was temp and set to end on Aug 2013. By May 2013 I was calling atrny to find out what to do to get my son back full time. In May I felt I was would be failing to protect him from mental and emotional abuse if his visits continued. Was told by attn. that since I had full cust I needed to remove him and not let him return until it was safe for him. She refused to agree to change the behavior I felt was harming him. she has not called him all summer received a motion for enfc grand vist and extend?? next step

over the school year I noticed my son became withdrawn, anxious and bit his nails. He had so much stress he developed ulcers and had to be put on meds. In May I discovered that he had an ipad and a cell phone. He informed me that he got them in December and that he was told to "not tell me and keep it a secret" and if I knew" Mommy would take them away". I discv porn & explic pics on both of them. When I confronted my mom with the images she said that "she had seen the porn b/f and guess she forgot to keep monitoring him on them." How am I suppose to respond to the motion to enforce and extend gp visitation ? I know the judge doesn't want all the drama so what is important to explain why it is not best to grant the gp any visits?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The very first thing you should do is hire an attorney and respond to the motion to enforcement of grandparent visitation.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer