I need to have a review of a non compete contract to see if i can join a new Startup company in my spare time.

Asked 12 months ago - Bellevue, WA

Waiver and Assignment.
5.1 Corporation shall be the sole and exclusive owner of all materials, concepts, inventions, works of authorship and confidential information the Employee prepares, develops or makes (whether alone or jointly with others) for Corporation and of all related rights (including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, and patents) and proceeds. Employee will execute all necessary assignments and take all action reasonably requested by Corporation to vest ownership of such materials, concepts, inventions, and works of authorship in Corporation and to permit Corporation to obtain applicable copyright, trademark, patent, or similar protection in its name.
5.2 Employee is hereby notified that this Agreement does not apply to an invention for which no equipment, supplies,

1. Todd W Wyatt

1

Best Answer

Answered . I frequently review non-competes and would be happy to discuss this with you (although the portion you supplied isn't a non-compete).

Todd Wyatt
    todd@carsonnoel.com

2. Roger M. Townsend

1

Answered . Yes, I could help (rtownsend@bjtlegal.com). Under Washington law, noncompetes are enforceable provided that they are reasonable. Unfortunately, this is the subject of a significant amount of litigation and you are wise to consult counsel up front.

3. Shawn B Alexander

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with the previous answers and after you meet with a few lawyers and get some free consultations you will see why you need help before you start. It will be cheap compared to litigation. Try the find a lawyer tab above.
    Good Luck