Skip to main content

I need to get reported income from the IRS. What is the easiest way to get it?

Redondo Beach, CA |

I have two corps (one NV LLC and one S corp) my husband and I still need to file our taxes together for 2010. We have filed several extensions with the Franchise Tax Board (CA) and have until the end of the month to finish. I have all the info in Quickbooks but am not sure if I am missing income. I am thinking about getting my stuff back from my accountant (who we have already paid and have been waiting for 8 months to finish) and finding a tax attorney. Don't know what to do. I would like to get the info from the IRS about the income reported through the Corps.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. I don't believe that you have any additional extensions for 2010 because all filing periods expired in 2011. You may also be subject to additinal penalties and interest if you do not file immediately your returns.

    I am not sure what info from the IRS your are seeking, so you need to be more specific. You can always check your bank deposits to determine what income the entity received if you are depositing all income.

    Good luck!
    Phillip M. Smith Jr.
    Los Angeles Tax & Business Attorney
    Licensed before the United States Tax Court
    Call: 855-IRSTAXBIZ

    THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. The answer to question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. Mr. Smith is licensed to practice law throughout the state of California with offices in Los Angeles County. He is authorized to handle IRS matters throughout the United States, and is also licensed to practice before the United States Tax Court. His phone number is 323-292-4116 or his email address is

  2. File Form 4506-T (check box 8) with the IRS. Hopefully, you deposited your receipts into a bank account and, as Mr. Smith suggests, you can analyze your deposits into the account to aid you in determining your income. And, yes, get that return filed as quickly as possible.

  3. You should get the info. back from the accountant or give them a time limit on completing the work.

    You can also request a tax transcript of any income that is reported to each corp. You will have to prove that you are authorized to represent the corporation in order to get the info. though. You will also need the tax id no. to give to the IRS when you contact them.


  4. You may be able to get the information you need from the IRS account transcript office. 866-860-4259. They will have documentation of all income reported to the IRS by all entities.

Business topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics