I need to get my company's e-verify identification number, My employer say they need to get it activated, what is the process?

Gainesville, FL |

I am applying for STEM extension , as my opt is about to expire, for which i need my companies e-verify identification number or company id . My employer says they need to get it acivated, i called the USCIS, they say the company is e-verified, so what do they mean by they need to get it activated.

1. You should not be doing this.

Have their HR, or better yet, immigration attorney supervise this.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

2. I agree with my distinguished colleagues.

National Toll Free: 877-583-7080. Joseph Cella, Esq. has been practicing Immigration Law for 19 years. The answers provided herein neither constitute legal advice, nor create an attorney/client relationship.