I need to get an immediate situation seen by our judge prior to a pretiral conference in late february. how can i get it done?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

Ex parte cant be the first option. This case involves a custody evaluation that has been going on for a sold four months now. There are serious pending issues about our children that need to be heard prior to the time frame in late Febraury. What do i do to make this happen? What paperwok can i complete quickly to have a ruling done in the next 3 weeks.

Please helo.

1. Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

1

Answered . Unless there's an emergency involving the children (and "I really want to get this done, it's been a long time!" ISN'T an emergency) there's no particular reason that the court will start making decisions about issues before the matter is calendared to be heard. If there's a TRUE emergency, (kid in danger of physical harm, or risk that someone will steal kid out of state) then an ex parte application is the right method to get the court's IMMEDIATE attention.

2. Michelle J. Cameron-Hunsaker

Answered . As the other attorney stated, your option to be immediately heard is ex parte, and it must qualify as an emergency. There isn't anything to file to hurry the court along.