I need to get a twic card but i have a felony drug conviction. How likely is it that i will get a ruling in my favor?

Asked about 2 years ago - Atlanta, GA

i want to attend diving school in florida for under-water welding but i have to have a twic card. they listed a drug conviction is a disqualifying offense but you can apply for a waiver

1. Joel Richard Beck

Answered . Depending on the offense for which a conviction was entered, you may or may not be disqualified. And, if there is a disqualification, you may have success with filing an application for a waiver. Among other thngs, they'll consider the amount of time has passed since the criminal conviction, the rest of your record (if any), the nature of the charges, your work experience, references, and more. You can find out more about twic disqualifictions here:
    http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/twic_....

I have worked on numerous professional licensing cases. If you would like to discuss your situation in more detail, please call on me. I wish you the best.