I need to get a twic card but i have a felony drug conviction. How likely is it that i will get a ruling in my favor?

Atlanta, GA |

i want to attend diving school in florida for under-water welding but i have to have a twic card. they listed a drug conviction is a disqualifying offense but you can apply for a waiver

Depending on the offense for which a conviction was entered, you may or may not be disqualified. And, if there is a disqualification, you may have success with filing an application for a waiver. Among other thngs, they'll consider the amount of time has passed since the criminal conviction, the rest of your record (if any), the nature of the charges, your work experience, references, and more. You can find out more about twic disqualifictions here:

I have worked on numerous professional licensing cases. If you would like to discuss your situation in more detail, please call on me. I wish you the best.

This is for general informational purposes only, is not intended to be legal advice for your specific situation, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Should you desire legal advice, hire a lawyer. If I can be of assistance, please contact my office at (678) 344-5342 or visit us at