I need to get a passport for my daughter but her father is in jail, how can I do that?

Asked 11 months ago - West Sacramento, CA

My daughter is 20 months and I want to spend out to the country for two weeks with family. How do i get her a passport if her father is not there to sign the papers.

1. Cinthia I Rivera

1

Answered . I would suggest that you contact the local sheriff's department closest to the jail where the father is incarcerated. You can pay the sheriff to take the father the forms you need signed and have the sheriff mail the forms back to you. That would be the easiest and safest way to get the signature you need.,

2. Sean Michael Patrick

Answered . It depends on your custody arrangements. Worst case scenario you can have him sign off while in custody.

3. John Grayson Davidson

Pro

Answered . I disagree. Both parents must provide parental consent regardless of custody arrangements. There is a lot of paperwork for you to provide, and it's too involved to list. Check the web site. Link below.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com