Skip to main content

I need to get a domestic trespass charge expunged.

Elizabeth City, NC |

Im in process of being a police officer in MO and have a domestic trespass charge aprox a year ago, first and only offense . Can I get this expunged or dismissed in exchange for community service? and need an attorney for this matter.

I was already found guilty and paid my fines. Trying to see if I can get it removed somehow.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Has your case not been resolved? To get it expunged the charge must have been dismissed or you must have been found not guilty after a trial. In some counties they will dismiss charges if you perform community service. It really varies from county to county. If you have not done so, you need to hire an attorney in the county where your charge is pending. The Find a Lawyer function on this site is very helpful.

Answers to this or any question on this site does not create an attorney client relationship. Answers are provided for informational purposes only.


It depends on how old you were when you were convicted and local practices. The NC expunction statutes allow relief under limited circumstances. If you cannot receive an expunction, in some counties, you may be able to file a motion for appropriate relief to re-open the case. You should consult a few local attorneys and ask what your options are. Good luck!

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer