I need to find the form to request that a parenting time schedule be court enforced.

Asked 10 months ago - Anderson, IN

My daughter's mother doesn't let me have my child for months at a time, only to sporadically tell me that I can "have her as long as I want to," which usually coincides with a vacation that the mother wants to take. She only "uses me" a few times per year, and my daughter deserves a more meaningful relationship with her father. The mother is verbally aggressive and I am afraid to call or try to contact my daughter through her mother, so I try to contact her through a friend; it rarely works. I need to have a court order in place to protect my daughter. I feel like there's a form somewhere but I can't find it.

1. Katherine Elizabeth Flood

Pro

Answered . First of all, contempt requires a willful failure to pay. If he didn't pay because he literally COULDNT, then that's not really contempt. However, he should have filed a petition to modify the support when he lost his job.

To keep the judge from finding him in contempt, he needs to go to the county clerk and make a payment. As much as he can afford. Needs to be at least several hundred dollars. And he needs to pay SOMETHING every week until the court date. That will show the court that he is trying.

Good luck!

Kate Flood
    Indianapolis divorce lawyer

2. Kathrine Diane Jack

Answered . I am not aware of a form that will address your issues. If you don't wish to hire an attorney, perhaps a well-thought letter to the judge will get you a hearing and then you will need to prove your case at the hearing. While you can represent yourself, I highly recommend you hire an attorney to help you with these issues. You likely will only get one chance to present your case.