Skip to main content

I need to find the best workman comp attorney I Minneapolis Minnesota area, I live in Maple Grove,Minnesota

Osseo, MN |

I was injured at work on my first two days , there the companies doctor has deemed it work related but I'm not healing properly . There is a chance I may never be able to fully do my job again without chance of re - injuring myself , this is how I make my living I'm a single mom of two little girls and the company is treating me terribly now . I injured my right hand / wrist and my left hand , wrist and forearm is worse . The doctors diagnosed it as De Querida Disease and Tendinitis . Thank You

Attorney Answers 5


Look for an attorney that practices primarliy in the area of workers compensation. He or she doesnt need to be in your town but should be close enough that it is not difficult to see them if you need to do that. Almost all WC attys in my area will provide a free consultation to determine if they will be willing to take your case, and I'm a sure that this is probably true there also.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


Try to search AVVO for a WC Attorney in your area with a rating of 8.0 or better, and good Client reviews. Peer Reviews are flattering, but Happy Clients are what you want to see.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Have you tried the Minnesota State Bar?

Your state's Bar Association has a Lawyer Referral Service (i'll pop in the link, below)

At least you will know the attorneys on the State Bar service are in good standing with the Bar Association (not disciplined, not working on a suspended license).

THEN: TALK TO THEM. If they use jargon you can't understand or if they don't even meet with you personally, only sending a 'paralegal' to the house for signatures on blank forms, SAY NO THANK YOU.

KEEP SHOPPING until the attorney gives you face time and uses terms you can grasp....they will cost exactly the same as the 'jargon' people but you will have effective communication as the process unfolds, so you can make intelligent decisions.

On the Left Coast, we call it DeQuervains Tenosynovitis ... very common, and the cure is to stop over-using, so you might require retraining... if I were the sole support of two youngsters, I'd start my re-schooling for a non-repetitive job online now and get as much done online (free and cheap) as possible, so you have less to finish when the Temporary Disability payments are cut off.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree

1 comment

John M Connell

John M Connell


I agree completely with this advice regarding which attorney you choose


You should consult with a Minnesota attorney with work comp experience right away. Any good, experienced attorney will provide you with a free consultation to discuss the claim. If the insurance company has assigned a qualified rehabilitation consultant (QRC), you almost certainly will want to reject that QRC in favor of a more employee friendly choice. An attorney can assist you in selecting a good QRC or provide you with some additional choices. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have and could refer you to an attorney or law firm in the Twin Cities area. The insurance company has lawyers and experienced claims adjusters working on your case against you-you would be well served to have a good work comp lawyer on your side.

ThThis response is intended to provide general information and is not intended to substitute for individual legal counsel on any specific problem. No attorney-client relationship is created or intended to be created by use of the Avvo website or the information contained in this response to a question. An attorney-client relationship is only established by a signed retainer agreement with my office. The information presented here is based on the laws of the state of Minnesota. Anyone viewing this information who resides outside of the state of Minnesota should be aware that the laws in their state may differ. Every effort has been made to present accurate and current information. If you have a question about the accuracy of any of the information presented here, please contact Bradt Law Offices at 218-327-1235.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You certainly need to get an attorney involved right away. I handle cases all over the Twin Cities area and have been representing injured workers for over 30 years. I offer a free, no-obligation consultation if you are interested.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics