I need to find the best workman comp attorney I Minneapolis Minnesota area, I live in Maple Grove,Minnesota

Asked over 1 year ago - Osseo, MN

I was injured at work on my first two days , there the companies doctor has deemed it work related but I'm not healing properly . There is a chance I may never be able to fully do my job again without chance of re - injuring myself , this is how I make my living I'm a single mom of two little girls and the company is treating me terribly now . I injured my right hand / wrist and my left hand , wrist and forearm is worse . The doctors diagnosed it as De Querida Disease and Tendinitis . Thank You

1. John M Connell

Pro

6

Answered . Look for an attorney that practices primarliy in the area of workers compensation. He or she doesnt need to be in your town but should be close enough that it is not difficult to see them if you need to do that. Almost all WC attys in my area will provide a free consultation to determine if they will be willing to take your case, and I'm a sure that this is probably true there also.

2. Nancy J Wallace

4

Answered . Have you tried the Minnesota State Bar?

Your state's Bar Association has a Lawyer Referral Service (i'll pop in the link, below)

At least you will know the attorneys on the State Bar service are in good standing with the Bar Association (not disciplined, not working on a suspended license).

THEN: TALK TO THEM. If they use jargon you can't understand or if they don't even meet with you personally, only sending a 'paralegal' to the house for signatures on blank forms, SAY NO THANK YOU.

KEEP SHOPPING until the attorney gives you face time and uses terms you can grasp....they will cost exactly the same as the 'jargon' people but you will have effective communication as the process unfolds, so you can make intelligent decisions.

On the Left Coast, we call it DeQuervains Tenosynovitis ... very common, and the cure is to stop over-using, so you might require retraining... if I were the sole support of two youngsters, I'd start my re-schooling for a non-repetitive job online now and get as much done online (free and cheap) as possible, so you have less to finish when the Temporary Disability payments are cut off.

3. Charles M Cochrane

2

Answered . You certainly need to get an attorney involved right away. I handle cases all over the Twin Cities area and have been representing injured workers for over 30 years. I offer a free, no-obligation consultation if you are interested.

4. George Ellis Corson IV

Pro

3

Answered . Try to search AVVO for a WC Attorney in your area with a rating of 8.0 or better, and good Client reviews. Peer Reviews are flattering, but Happy Clients are what you want to see.

5. Steven M Bradt

Pro

1

Answered . You should consult with a Minnesota attorney with work comp experience right away. Any good, experienced attorney will provide you with a free consultation to discuss the claim. If the insurance company has assigned a qualified rehabilitation consultant (QRC), you almost certainly will want to reject that QRC in favor of a more employee friendly choice. An attorney can assist you in selecting a good QRC or provide you with some additional choices. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have and could refer you to an attorney or law firm in the Twin Cities area. The insurance company has lawyers and experienced claims adjusters working on your case against you-you would be well served to have a good work comp lawyer on your side.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now