I need to find out when should we apply for his green card ,soon after ill get divorce or only after ill be citizen?

Asked over 1 year ago - Jamaica, NY

im a permanet green card older and can applay to my citizen only in september this year also still waiting for my final divorce in a few months from my ex .my fiance is on a tourist visa that expire in almost a month and he is staying here ,we about to have a baby in a month soon,i know first we have to extend his tourist visa cause its not god if he applay for green card if he was eligal at any time

1. Alice Antonovsky

1

Answered . You must wait till your divorce is final and I suggest you file after you naturalize. I also suggest you retain the services of an immigration attorney to assist you. Good luck.

2. Tsirina Goroshit

1

Answered . First get divorce, Recommended to become a US citizen. Consult with immigration attorney for a complete evaluation.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . That is a decision only you can make. You must be married in order to file.