I need to find out if one of the Beneficiary can sue me personally for not handling the estate the way he wanted?

Asked over 1 year ago - Rapid City, SD

I need to find out if one of my Aunt’s Beneficiary can sue me for not handling the estate the way he wanted? Can he personally sue me or must he sue the estate? I have a letter that his Lawyer sent me to this affect. The percentage was changed by the grantor that the Beneficiaries were to get. The grantor also notated on her will the changes and sent me a letter to that affect with copy of letter also attached to Will. It doesn’t look like she initialed or dated the change on the Will. Do I have to stay will the original percentage?
Also the money & property has already be distributed to the beneficiaries

The trust and Will was done in California.

1. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . Anyone can sue anyone(or estate).
    You cannot make changes on a will in the manner you described.
    You need to have an attorney to represent you in this matter.

2. Joseph Michael Pankowski Jr

3

Answered . Attorney Pippen is correct. If you do not have an attorney, please retain one as soon as possible. Good luck to you.

3. Michael Leo Potter

Answered . The sooner you get an attorney to represent you in this matter the better. Otherwise you may have a big mess on your hands. Good Luck!