I need to find an attorney to take my civil case. With a lawsuit against walmart. How much will I have to pay to hire someone

Asked over 1 year ago - Jacksonville, FL

I was harassed and made to go in a room with three men that were employees of walmart claiming I stole a coke.

1. Jonathan Edgar Pollard

1

Answered . It depends.

You may have a claim for false imprisonment or false arrest if you were detained against your will. Even if you do have such a claim, your damages may be fairly limited. If they just kept you in a room for a short while, then yes, you could pursue a case, but you would not have significant damages. If, however, they kept you in a room for hours, interrogated you and assaulted you, then you obviously have a much stronger claim.

In short, it depends on the facts.

Jonathan Pollard

2. Robert Dale Bernard

Answered . Attorneys typically take this type of case on a contingent basis (which means they get paid by keeping a portion of any settlement received). Contact a personal injury attorney in the Jacksonville area. Most will give a free consultation. Whether or not an attorney wants to schedule a meeting with you will help you get a measure of the strength of your case.