I need to find an attorney to take my civil case. With a lawsuit against walmart. How much will I have to pay to hire someone

Asked over 1 year ago - Jacksonville, FL

I was harassed and made to go in a room with three men that were employees of walmart claiming I stole a coke.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Jonathan Edgar Pollard

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It depends.

    You may have a claim for false imprisonment or false arrest if you were detained against your will. Even if you do have such a claim, your damages may be fairly limited. If they just kept you in a room for a short while, then yes, you could pursue a case, but you would not have significant damages. If, however, they kept you in a room for hours, interrogated you and assaulted you, then you obviously have a much stronger claim.

    In short, it depends on the facts.

    Jonathan Pollard

    My response to this question is a response to a hypothetical situation based on limited facts. I am not your... more
  2. Robert Dale Bernard

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . Attorneys typically take this type of case on a contingent basis (which means they get paid by keeping a portion of any settlement received). Contact a personal injury attorney in the Jacksonville area. Most will give a free consultation. Whether or not an attorney wants to schedule a meeting with you will help you get a measure of the strength of your case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,886 answers this week

3,140 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,886 answers this week

3,140 attorneys answering