I need to find a lawyer in the Atlanta area that specializes in VA claims and issues?

Asked 11 months ago - Douglasville, GA

I injured my arm when I fell off of a Navy ship onto a Navy torpedo boat in about 1960. I have most of my military records. My arm as of today and for the last 50 years has not fully worked at the elbow, it was painful for 40 years, now it does not hurt but some of my movement is still restricted because of the injury.

1. William Emil Cassara

Pro

2

Answered . Contact Drew Early. He is here on AVVO and in Atlanta.

2. Everett Lewis McKeown

Pro

1

Answered . Attorneys that practice in the area of VA claims and appeals need not necessarily be located in the area in which you live as personal contact in an office is not a necessity. Most matters in this area of law can be handled over the phone and via email and fax. Some clients want to meet face to face with their attorneys and that's OK. You may go to the NOVA (National Organization of Veterans Advocates) website, they have Veterans attorneys listed by the state with their address in which they have offices.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . Can also call your state bar association and request referral or contact the DAV or VFW-- they have folks who volunteer to ad fist with VA claims free of charge. Or you can call the VA yourself and start the process without a jaeger.