I need to find a lawyer in the Atlanta area that specializes in VA claims and issues?

Douglasville, GA |

I injured my arm when I fell off of a Navy ship onto a Navy torpedo boat in about 1960. I have most of my military records. My arm as of today and for the last 50 years has not fully worked at the elbow, it was painful for 40 years, now it does not hurt but some of my movement is still restricted because of the injury.

1. Attorneys that practice in the area of VA claims and appeals need not necessarily be located in the area in which you live as personal contact in an office is not a necessity. Most matters in this area of law can be handled over the phone and via email and fax. Some clients want to meet face to face with their attorneys and that's OK. You may go to the NOVA (National Organization of Veterans Advocates) website, they have Veterans attorneys listed by the state with their address in which they have offices.

2. Can also call your state bar association and request referral or contact the DAV or VFW-- they have folks who volunteer to ad fist with VA claims free of charge. Or you can call the VA yourself and start the process without a jaeger.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

3. Contact Drew Early. He is here on AVVO and in Atlanta.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.