I need to file Removal of Conditions based on marriage but not enough documents to submit.

Austin, TX |

My husband a US citizen and I lived in my mother inlaw's house the time i got in US for 6 months then my husband received a job offer in Canada, we moved there for almost a year and i also gave birth to our son there but we always cross US border almost every month. Now my husband is currently in Afghanistan working from a US company and i went back to Philippines with our son for 5 months now. Now, my problem is, I want to go back to US to file the I-751 because my GC is expiring a month from now. Can i submit papers from Canada about the proof the we lived together? or I will get in trouble with that? like house lease and utility bills.. most of the proofs we have are the time we live in Canada. we only have a Joint tax in US. I'm afraid that's not gonna be enough.

I understand your concern, but can we help you here on AVVO? You have whatever documents you have If the marriage is not spurious, you have nothing to be so concerned about. Worse case scenario you will be scheduled for an interview. I suggest you hire an immigration attorney and quit representing yourself since this is not an easy matter

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney regarding your situation. The fact that you have a child together will be a big help in your case. Do yourself a favor and hire a good lawyer, for the best chance of success.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

Documents from anywhere in the world that show you and your husband lived together should be submitted. Include pictures, letters from from friends and family, and your son's birth certificate, as well. If USCIS wants more information they will send you a letter asking for more. If they are still not satisfied, they will ask you and your husband to come in for an interview. So, you have plenty of opportunities to share your story with USCIS, though I'm sure you'd like to have an answer as early in the process as possible.

This general advice does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in discussing this situation further, call 678-713-4255 for a consultation.

Marriage and prenups topics