I need to file chapter 7 bankruptsy. I have a job opportunity abroad. will i be able to travel

Loveland, CO |
Filed under: Bankruptcy

we will be traveling to Saudi Arabia on a sponsors expense. is there any travel limitations i need to plan for. the move wont happen until after all court hearings

To the best of my knowledge, once you have attended your 341 hearing and completed your online course in financial management, you are free to go wherever you need to. I have had clients move to different countries, states, etc. after a bankruptcy with no issues.

The answers to these questions may be different depending on your individual circumstance and should not be considered as legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

Bankruptcy will not prevent you from traveling. I can't speak for every countries visa requirements, but I have never heard of anyone being denied a work visa due to BK.

You will need to be present in person for the meeting with the Trustee, but after that there should be no restriction on travel created by your bankruptcy filing.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or info@Harkess-Salter.com. Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.