I need to file a lawsuit (tort) for libel. I'm looking for an attorney, in Dallas (metro). Preferably on a contengiency basis.

Plano, TX |

A customer of mine (with money) in Missouri , posted a egregious and totally fabricated lie (story) on an public industry forum. I've also got him on an audio recording threatening to engage in a "smear campaign". I'm in a very niche industry, huge impact. I have an image/copy of the offense, before it was deleted by the site administrator. The statute of limitations expires May 5, 2013. Actual damages exceed $200K.

1. At this late date, with about 30 days left in which to file, you're going to have a very difficult time interesting an attorney in your case on a contingency fee basis. If it's such a great case, then you shouldn't mind paying attorneys' fees. Perhaps you can interest a Dallas defamation lawyer in a partial fees-partial contingency arrangement. But as you have already figured out for yourself, time is not on your side, and furthermore, you'll need to prove that $200K damages in hard dollars. This is not an easy area of the law, but I wish you good luck!

If you think my response is the best response, it would help me if you would indicate that. Also, please note that my responses to question(s) are NOT legal advice from me to you because I am NOT your lawyer, you are NOT my client, and we do NOT currently have an attorney-client relationship. Thanks!