I need to file a "Motion for Reconsideration" for Spousal Support, I understand I need to use a particular Format, not sure.

Asked over 2 years ago - San Jose, CA

Hi, I believe a Judge Abused his Discression in dropping my Spousal Support to an unreasonable amount which wasn't based on any proof from the Respondent. I am in desparate need of finding out which Format I need to use to draft a "Motion for Reconsideration." I believe my deadline for Santa Clara County is within 10 days of the hearing which would make it the 26th, which day after tomorrow. Family Law Code Section 4320 was not followed. I have very limited income on SSI which is $620 a month, decreasing my support down to $800 makes it almost impossible to even get housing.
I appreciate any assistance or guidance on how to prepare the Motion.
Thanks very much!
mamatrish09@gmail.com

1. Richard H Wilson

1

Best Answer

Answered . The other attorneys are correct that abuse of discretion is not grounds for reconsideration. A motion for reconsideration is to bring in something that was missed (law or evidence) that was not reasonably available at the hearing.

If the court abused its discretion with regard to the state of the law & evidence you need to file an appeal which is a more comprehensive and complicated endeavor.

Good luck

2. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

1

1

Answered . Abuse of discretion would not be grounds for filing a motion for reconsideration under Code of Civil Procedure section 1008(a).

Please see my response to your duplicate posting.

3. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

1

Answered . Disagreeing with the court in California is not grounds for reconsideration. If it were federal court clear errors of law are grounds for reconsideration.