I need to fight this speeding ticket or I lose my license...

Asked over 2 years ago - Hesperia, CA

I was pulled over for 70 in a 55.. i need to fight this ticket or i lose my license.. how can i fight this ticket? should i hire a attorney? if so who?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Antonio Ronaldo Garcia

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Normally, a speeding ticket of 70 in a 55 might be something that traffic school can clear and therefore remedy one from losing their driver's license. However, if it were filed as a reckless driving misdemeanor or you have suffered too many points in a particular time period, the Dept of Motor Vehicles may arguably look to suspend your license. And in that case, you should seek out counsel to fight the ticket. You should understand that there are no guarantees of success but a knowledgeable traffic attorney will have a plan of attack that might give you a chance.

    This does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship but is merely a general... more
  2. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes you hire an attorney . There is no guarantee that an attorney can prevail , but your chances are better than if you handled it yourself .

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Traffic Tickets

A traffic ticket is issued for moving or non-moving vehicle violations. Potential consequences include fines, license penalties, traffic school, or jail.

Kenneth Albert Vercammen

Careless Driving

39:4-97. A person who drives a vehicle carelessly, or without due caution and circumspection, in a manner so as to endanger, or be likely to endanger, a person or property, shall be guilty... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,109 answers this week

3,414 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,109 answers this week

3,414 attorneys answering