I need to evict a Tenant from a Residential Property

Asked almost 3 years ago - Kirkland, WA

Is it the Law in WA State that I need a Fax machine to accomplish the task of evicting the Tenant?
I live in King County WA.
The Rental Property is located in King County WA.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Elizabeth Rankin Powell

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . A fax machine is not a requirement. Read the statute; it says *IF* you have a fax machine you have to provide the number to the tenant in the summons so they can respond that way.

    Hope this helps. Elizabeth Powell

    Using Avvo does not form an attorney client relationship.
  2. Jordan K. Foster

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Ms. Powell is right, you do not need a fax machine - but if you have one, list it.

    To find the appropriate grounds for unlawful detainer or eviction action review RCW 59.12.030.


Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now