I need to buy a car, I just found out that i have 9 potentially negative items on my credit report !

Collinsville, IL |

I really need a car, there are items on my credit report i am not even aware of , like a $ 65 gas bill from 2008, and three medical bills, most of them from 2009, i can't afford to pay any of them right now at all. what are the statue of limitation on medical bills never been paid ? my score says " thin file". How to get a car and my credit report like that ?

1. There are many lenders who will give you a loan with a less than stellar credit report. Negative notations generally remain on your report for 7 years. If you need a car but cannot afford to pay off a $65 past due bill, will you really be able to afford a car?

2. Did you get your credit report online? If so, log back in and dispute any item more than a year old. The creditor is allowed time to respond, so don't expect any improvement to your credit for at least 60 days. Hope this perspective helps!

3. While I agree with the above answers, if you really can't afford to pay the negative items on your credit report it may be time to pursue bankruptcy options. A chapter 7 bankruptcy can be used to discharge utility, medical and a myriad of other debts.

Credit repair topics