I need to ask a question about traffic & moving violations

Asked about 3 years ago - Rye, NY

I recently received a ticket from a state trooper for speeding on I 684. The issue is that I pulled in behind a friend of mine that was pulled over and I got a ticket along with them.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . You don't say what he ticket is for. Officers often pull over multiple cars for speeding at the same time. I suggest you consult with a traffic court attorney in the area where you received the ticket.

2. Richard Francis Sweeney

Answered . Were you traveling at the same speed limit and right behind your friend? Police will pull over more than 1 vehicle at a time. It is my experience that State Police don't negotiate a ticket, so you should contact a lawyer near where you will be going to court.
    Richard Sweeney, Esq.

3. Richard C. Southard

Pro

Answered . As long as the police officer observed you speeding as well you can be convicted. You essentialy pulled yourself over for the police. On a positive note, a skilled trial attorney can use the fact that the officer's attention was focused on your friend to discredit the officer's testimony.