I need to apply green card for my husband he is on H-1 visa. Its going to get expire in july2013.I am us citizen .

Asked over 1 year ago - Iselin, NJ

can you please advice me to how apply green card for my husband. i need to know what documrnts i need to file green card for him. Does it make any difference as this is my second marriage.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Irene Vaisman

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I strongly suggest that you retain an experienced attorney to represent you and your husband.

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Alice Antonovsky

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . This forum provides general answers to specific questions. We cannot tell you how to apply and what documents you need. You can visit www.uscis.gov and it has all the information that you need. I suggest you contact an immigration attorney who will be able to go over all the details with you and give you the information you are looking for. Good Luck.

    The answers offered here are purely informational and do not create an attorney-client relationship. For more... more
  3. Eric M. Mark


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . The process is way too complicated to tell you what forms, how to fill them out and what supporting evidence you need to send. Your prior marriage could be important depending on the timing of the marriage, divorce and when you met your current husband. Since this is probably the most important process you and your husband will go through, legally speaking, and it is very complicated, you really should retain a lawyer to help you.

  4. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Either read and follow the instructions on the USCIS website, or retain an experienced immigration attorney to handle the case.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Topics

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Carl Michael Shusterman

How to Renew your Green Card

Renewing your Green Card, or Permanent Resident Card, is important. If you have an expired Green Card you may be denied re-entry into the United States. You could also be charged with a... more

Adjustment of status

When a person in the United States changes his or her immigration status to permanent resident, this is called "adjustment of status."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,141 answers this week

3,161 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,141 answers this week

3,161 attorneys answering