I need to apply green card for my husband he is on H-1 visa. Its going to get expire in july2013.I am us citizen .

Iselin, NJ |

can you please advice me to how apply green card for my husband. i need to know what documrnts i need to file green card for him. Does it make any difference as this is my second marriage.
thanx.

1. I strongly suggest that you retain an experienced attorney to represent you and your husband.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

2. This forum provides general answers to specific questions. We cannot tell you how to apply and what documents you need. You can visit www.uscis.gov and it has all the information that you need. I suggest you contact an immigration attorney who will be able to go over all the details with you and give you the information you are looking for. Good Luck.

The answers offered here are purely informational and do not create an attorney-client relationship. For more detailed information or to schedule a consultation please contact our office at (718) 924-2896.

3. Either read and follow the instructions on the USCIS website, or retain an experienced immigration attorney to handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

4. The process is way too complicated to tell you what forms, how to fill them out and what supporting evidence you need to send. Your prior marriage could be important depending on the timing of the marriage, divorce and when you met your current husband. Since this is probably the most important process you and your husband will go through, legally speaking, and it is very complicated, you really should retain a lawyer to help you.