I need my phone records and i was told i had to get a subpoena. How do i get this done?

Asked over 5 years ago - Waco, TX

On a Friday my spouses day off he recieved a phone call from his work, once on the phone he was yelled at for being able to be reached ,that they had been trying to call all day. However the phones caller id only showed the one call, we need to see if they did call "all day" or if this is just theim harrassing him. No he is not in a ON Call position.

1. Edgardo Rafael Baez

Answered . You would have to file something in court first, before you can subpoena what you want.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . A subpoena duces tecum orders a person to bring physical evidence before the ordering authority or face sanction of some kind. Because you do not have a court or administrative matter pending, there is no subpoena power.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.