I need money badly, I'm so devastated! SSI, public benefits.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Santa Ana, CA

I'm unemployed at this time, and I"m also undocumented which makes it harder, I have 7 year old child with a developmental disability. I only get 194 for child support a month, and he gets 250 for ssi. the person that was making the income moved out. so i was left alone. i keep trying to call ssi to they can update the change of income and send a little more money, but they haven't done it. how can i get emergency money from ssi or for them to forward something for my son? we barely have enough to eat, or to buy personal necessities like shampoo etc. I"m really devastated, i don't know what to do. somebody please help me.

i know that my son doesn't qualify for foods stamps or free share of cost due to SSI. i dont tknow what to do :(

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Michael Raymond Daymude


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Have you tired your local, non-government relief organizations? A visit to your local social security office is in order if calling has not worked.

    I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for... more
  2. Jonathan C. Ginsberg


    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . You might also consider talking to churches in your neighborhood - many have community outreach where they can help with necessities of living. It sounds like a good, responsive social worker might be helpful to make you aware of various options near where you live. Good luck to you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,893 answers this week

3,105 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,893 answers this week

3,105 attorneys answering