I need money badly, I'm so devastated! SSI, public benefits.

Santa Ana, CA |

I'm unemployed at this time, and I"m also undocumented which makes it harder, I have 7 year old child with a developmental disability. I only get 194 for child support a month, and he gets 250 for ssi. the person that was making the income moved out. so i was left alone. i keep trying to call ssi to they can update the change of income and send a little more money, but they haven't done it. how can i get emergency money from ssi or for them to forward something for my son? we barely have enough to eat, or to buy personal necessities like shampoo etc. I"m really devastated, i don't know what to do. somebody please help me.

i know that my son doesn't qualify for foods stamps or free share of cost due to SSI. i dont tknow what to do :(

1. Have you tired your local, non-government relief organizations? A visit to your local social security office is in order if calling has not worked.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

2. You might also consider talking to churches in your neighborhood - many have community outreach where they can help with necessities of living. It sounds like a good, responsive social worker might be helpful to make you aware of various options near where you live. Good luck to you.

Social security topics