Skip to main content

I need legal representation in AZ. I was found in contempt of my divorce order.

San Diego, CA |

My x wife and I were divorced in 2009. In accordance with the divorce decree we had responsibilities in each other’s names. She drove a car in my name and I drove a car in her name. She returned the leased car before I returned mine and owed money at the time of the return. At same time when I returned hers I owed money. Also, she failed to pay other expenses and return property which were in the order. She did not come forward with "clean hands". The offset was very close. However, she sued for enforcement of order and a judgment was ordered. A warrant has since been issued. She owes me approximately the same as I owe her. I have requested another hearing many times so that I may have an opportunity to present evidence. However, they continue to be denied.

I am looking for legal representation. I would like to supply my evidence and see if I can have the warrant quashed.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. While I am not sure what the question is, I would recommend that you contact a couple attorneys through the "Find a Lawyer" feature here on Avvo to help you with your case.
    Best of Luck.

  2. I agree with the above attorney's advice

    the information provided above is for information purposes only and you should consult an attorney for specific answers to your case

  3. If you cannot afford an attorney contact your local bar association that may have reduced fee attorneys. If you can afford an attorney check AVVO listings and review their ratings as a guide.

    The answer to this question is general in nature and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics