I need immigration help with transferring a G5 visa (nanny from Pakistan already working in D.C) from one employer to another

A world bank employee sponsored a lady from Pakistan (G5 Visa) to come to the U.S to work as a nanny for her. The employer no longer needs that nanny. I have a disabled brother, who is 40 years old urgent need for care (we are from Pakistan as well, & are U.S citizens). My brother only understands Urdu, and we have searched around for an Urdu speaking care-taker for years. My brother is on disability, and his caseworker said that if we can sponsor someone from Pakistan to come here, they will support the case. We are clueless abt the process of transferring work visas, and would love this nanny to come and take care of my brother in NJ. Can someone guide me in the process of either reapplying or transferring visa of that nanny so she can take care of my brother (she is currently in D.C)

Wilmington, MA -

Jennifer Wang

Jennifer Wang

Immigration Attorney - Quincy, MA

I agree with the other attorneys and want to add that, while she cannot work for your brother on the same G-5 visa, there may be other options for your brothers to keep her here. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

Won't work. That G-5 visa was specific to her employer and is not transferable.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

I am sorry. But, I don't see this working.

She got the G-5 because her employer 'qualified' as being part of an international organization: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_2...

There is no 'transfer' possible.

Go ahead and meet with an attorney ... for confirmation that this won't work.

Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Immigration Attorney - Pasadena, CA

G Visas in general are dependent upon a Governmental sponsorship. Since it appears that your brother is not part of a governmental "transfer" of G status is not possible under these circumstances.

Anu Gupta

Anu Gupta

Immigration Attorney - Boston, MA

You may be able to file a B category visa for temporary domestic staff if your brother is traveling internationally and needs help.