I need help writing an appellate brief for my denied workers compensation

Brooklyn, NY |

My appeal was denied and I need help in writing a Brief to the Applellate Divison 3rd Term. My atorney has dropped me. HELP

1. I don't practice in New York, but what are the grounds for your appeal?

2. You need to please give more info as to what the details are of your appeal, when it was denied and by which court, and what the grounds for appeal from that court or administrative hearing are. This will help the appropiate attorney respond to you. You can try to call the Brooklyn Bar Association or NYS Bar Association and get a referral for an appellate attorney or, an attorney who concentrates in worker's compensation issues. Good luck to you, and you should not wait for a response here on avvo but, should immediately take action as your time to appeal could be limitted and you do not want to miss any deadlines you have.

3. Not enough information posted here.

Using the written documentation you have is a good place to begin. Contact a local lawyer - many may give you a free consultation - to discuss your specifics. Far too many variables exist in the short post you wrote for any further observation by me. Many worker compensation attorneys have information posted here on Avvo.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-choose-a-lawyer-for-you

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-tell-my-lawyer

No one can know what the record is in the case because online we cannot see your documents. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the non-NY lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed NY professional attorney with whom you have established an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.