I need help with my divorce its been over a year . i don't know why and hes not following court orders as well

Asked over 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

I need help with my divorce and also my soon to be ex is not following court orders or paying child support he been sending it when ever wants as of December 2012 his license is suspended and i just found out that he has his own towing company and told the courts and child support that he was not working . he has not called or seen the kids since September 2012 he also as been sending people to follow me and my boyfriend and tried to hurt him many times and the cops wont do anything about because he not there when this happens and every time his mother calls all she wants to know is where we live and who lives in the house if it not her its other family members of his asking 21 questions to the kids and threaten them if they don't give them information

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Get an attorney and/ or file for contempt. Do discovery etc.

    This is not a comprehensive answer and it is impossible to provide a meaningful response without a consultation.... more
  2. David Alexander Yomtov


    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . If you have a Domestic Violence Restraining Order, then it sounds like he is violating it. If you don't have such an order, you should consider requesting one from the court. Consider asking for orders for no contact with the grandma since she is putting undue pressure on the children instead of actually being a grandma.

    Open a case with the Department of Child Support Services, if you have not already done so. They have resources when it comes to enforcing child support, including license suspension.

    Apply with the Pro Bono Project for representation. They have a waiting list, but they're free. (408-298-5298). You cold also try Bay Area Legal (408-283-3750).

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more
  3. John Noah Kitta

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Obviously, things are out of hand and out of control. You have to understand, your ex is having too much fun annoying and harassing you and your boyfriend, and disrespecting the Court's orders. You need to inform DCSS about his towing company (give them the name, address, etc.) If you do not take appropriate action and retain an experienced and aggressive family law attorney, history will repeat itself and you will go on in your life with no changes. Your attorney can bring your ex under contempt, use due diligence in obtaining records form his tow truck company, and seize assets to satisfy his support obligations. If he is threatening the children with violence, you must immediately contact child protective services and the police. Unfortunately, he will have to feel the pain before he will back off and act like a reasonable, responsible adult.

    If you have found this information helpful, please let the attorney know by marking best answer. Thank you.... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Divorce Court

Divorce court is where the divorce process takes place. The court may determine matters like alimony, child custody, and property division.

Avvo Staff

An Overview of Divorce Court Fees

Just as each state has its own requirements to successfully file for divorce, each state also has its own types of fees and rules for when they will be applied. You may find this overview... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,776 answers this week

2,986 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,776 answers this week

2,986 attorneys answering