I need help with my divorce its been over a year . i don't know why and hes not following court orders as well

Asked over 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

I need help with my divorce and also my soon to be ex is not following court orders or paying child support he been sending it when ever wants as of December 2012 his license is suspended and i just found out that he has his own towing company and told the courts and child support that he was not working . he has not called or seen the kids since September 2012 he also as been sending people to follow me and my boyfriend and tried to hurt him many times and the cops wont do anything about because he not there when this happens and every time his mother calls all she wants to know is where we live and who lives in the house if it not her its other family members of his asking 21 questions to the kids and threaten them if they don't give them information

1. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

1

Answered . Get an attorney and/ or file for contempt. Do discovery etc.

2. David Alexander Yomtov

Pro

Answered . If you have a Domestic Violence Restraining Order, then it sounds like he is violating it. If you don't have such an order, you should consider requesting one from the court. Consider asking for orders for no contact with the grandma since she is putting undue pressure on the children instead of actually being a grandma.

Open a case with the Department of Child Support Services, if you have not already done so. They have resources when it comes to enforcing child support, including license suspension.

Apply with the Pro Bono Project for representation. They have a waiting list, but they're free. (408-298-5298). You cold also try Bay Area Legal (408-283-3750).

3. John Noah Kitta

Answered . Obviously, things are out of hand and out of control. You have to understand, your ex is having too much fun annoying and harassing you and your boyfriend, and disrespecting the Court's orders. You need to inform DCSS about his towing company (give them the name, address, etc.) If you do not take appropriate action and retain an experienced and aggressive family law attorney, history will repeat itself and you will go on in your life with no changes. Your attorney can bring your ex under contempt, use due diligence in obtaining records form his tow truck company, and seize assets to satisfy his support obligations. If he is threatening the children with violence, you must immediately contact child protective services and the police. Unfortunately, he will have to feel the pain before he will back off and act like a reasonable, responsible adult.