I need help with locating the doctor who botched my circumcision as an infant.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Portland, OR

I need help finding my doctor who botched my circumcision when I was an infant . I ordered my medical records requesting the doctors full name and license number and got the last name of the doctor who performed it instead , along with questioning on why I want it . However there is nothing in there that gives his or her first name or medical license number . Since I've already paid for the copies of my records , I the hospital be forced to give me the information ? There really giving me a run around .

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Andrew Daniel Myers

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . (1) Get an attorney and send a subpoena. Medical providers often fail to produce requested records for a variety of reasons. A subpoena requires lawful compliance.

    (2) You may have a serious statute of limitations problem precludiong recovery. Here's more, blue link below:

    Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only.... more
  2. George Costas Andriotis

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Hire an attorney to order them and they certainly will be provided though as my colleague indicated it appears you face a Statute of Limitations problem.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  3. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A local lawyer can get a subpoena if necessary.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Related Topics

Medical malpractice

Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional's negligence causes injury to a patient. Incorrect actions and inaction can both be forms of negligence.

Jonathan Michael Rolnick

Medical Malpractice Case

There is an expectation when we see a physician or go to the hospital that a certain "reasonable" standard of care will be provided. In most cases, this is exactly what happens. There are... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,437 answers this week

3,357 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,437 answers this week

3,357 attorneys answering