I need help with a military waiver that I nust write a letter to the judge in the former case

Asked over 2 years ago - Houston, TX

To whom it may concern,
My name is Hesham Kotb, and I want to serve my country in the military. I have got in trouble when I was younger and ignorant nothing violent or immoral. I had a posetion of marijuana charge which I got defered judication and completed my probationary period as followed to the T and got my probation early terminated. I also got in trouble for possession of a controlled substance which the officer lied in the case pulled up next to me while walking into a CVS and my car was parked while walking inside he yelled hey and I turned arond to him he then proceded to get out of his unit tell me I had been drinking and began to search me for weapons, while doing so he reached into my coin pocket finding about .2 of a gram of cocaine which my friend left in his

1. Stephen P. Kelly

7

Answered . I agree with Attorney Rafter. It is highly unlikely that you'll be able to enlist. Even if the military wasn't drawing down, the fact that your record includes possession of cocaine would likely be a bar to service. One piece of advice if you do decide to go forward with this...don't blame the police or accuse them of lying. Every criminal defendant complains that the police lied, so no one's going to believe that. Moreover, if you really are interested in serving, one of the qualities the services value above all else is integrity. Part of integrity is taking responsibility for your actions. So, if you write your letter, take responsibility for your wrongdoing and don't blame the police that you got caught.

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

8

Answered . Are you working with your recruiter to write the waiver? That would be the first place to start.

FYI, it is highly unlikely you would be able to enlist--the military services are experiencing and will likely be seeing a greater personnel draw down (i.e. they need less people than before to join). The result is that they take only the 'best qualified' applicants--those with no prior criminal, drug involvement.

I would be VERY surprised if you were able to receive a waiver for your prevcious criminal involvement--from any of the service branches.

Not sure who your letter is intended to influence, or what you think it will do--a judges letter can't help you now and your record is a documented fact. Your post ended mid-sentence so its unclear what you actually need or expect--recommend you repost a statement with a question or problem that can be addressed.