I need help understanding this warning to a alien ordered removed or deported meaning they gave my husband when he was deported

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, TX

it says for a period of 10 years from the date of your depature from the us because you have been found inadmissible under section 212 of the act and ordered removed from the us by a immigration judge in proceedings under section240 of the act initiated as a results of your having been present in the us without admission or parole what exactly does it mean the sections 212 and 240

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Karen-Lee Pollak

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . generally it means he was in the USA without lawful visa status. Was he convicted of a crime?

  2. Veronica Tunitsky

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Those are the sections of the immigration and nationality act that are applied when someone is being deported for being in the us illegally. Practically speaking, this means that your husband is going to have to overcome these bars if he wants to return to the us legally before they expire (10 years after he leaves the us).

    At this point, I highly suggest that you consult with an attorney experienced in waivers. My firm focuses heavily on them and I'm in Houston. Of course it's your choice. The reason is that your husband is going to have to ask for a waiver and waivers are extremely complicated. He's going to have to show how his departure causes you extreme hardship. Sounds simple, but it's far from it. I invite you to visit my site: www.tunitskylaw.com and go to the I-601 page where I have lots of free information. It'll give you an idea of what's ahead.

    Good luck'

    The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an... more
  3. Deborah Lynne Karapetian


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, these are sections of law that your husband violated somehow. See an attorney for waivers and the possibility of him coming back.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,525 answers this week

3,192 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,525 answers this week

3,192 attorneys answering