I need help trying to get my grandson out of DCF Foster Care.

My grandson got put into DCF foster care because my daughter did not do what was asked of her. DCF said to my children that I can not get him because I have had to many cases with DCF. I had my grandson in my home since birth and DCF told my daughter after three years that she can get him back. DCF new my daughter has mental issues and they told my that all of her problems where in the past. They also told me that I could not talk to anyone or call anyone about my daughter. There is child abuse going on in the home and I sorry but I had to call someone because my grandson had brusies all over him. I don't no where to turn to because everyone is against me.

Byron, GA -

Daniel Ellis Rice

Daniel Ellis Rice

Family Law Attorney - Carrollton, GA

Depending on the particular circumstances, there may be various options for trying to custody of your grandson (e.g., temporary/permanent guardianship, deprivation proceeding, grandparent custody proceeding), but it is best if you speak with a family law attorney to determine what option may be the best. Good luck.

Glen Edward Ashman

Glen Edward Ashman

Adoption Lawyer - East Point, GA

You may have several options, but it is safe to say you probably won't get anywhere without a lawyer.

Allen Rust Knox

Allen Rust Knox

Criminal Defense Attorney - Kennesaw, GA

As for the bruises on your grandson, you should report this to the law enforcement agency in the jurisdiction where he is in foster care. Don't expect DFCS to do anything about that situation. I have seen them cover that up before in a foster care case. You could also report suspected abuse in a foster home to the Office of the Child Advocate. They have a website: http://oca.ga.gov/ .