Skip to main content

I need help to get my child away from abusive ex husband.

Box Elder, MT |

even though my ex is not my child's father and my child does not carry his last name. The courts awarded him part time custody. My child is 3yrs old and now comes home with bruises on legs and lumps on head. My child has told me that the ex is hitting legs and beating on top of head. I have called CPS and they refuse to do anything. Where does one turn for help now. I can not allow my child to be hurt or even worse. The next 3 days my child will be with the ex who refuse me any contact. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME AND MY CHILD. Thank You

Attorney Answers 1

  1. CPS clearly is not your best resource and certainly is not your only resource. It is essential to have the injuries (bruises, etc.) documented by a neutral party, best party is the child's physician/nurse practitioner. However, based on the child's words describing how he received the injuries and your own observations of the injuries, you should be able to get an emergency temporary order of protection (or some similarly named document in your jurisdiction). In addition, you must contact immediately your family law attorney --- the court will always entertain motions to modify custody especially when the safety of a minor is at issue. Surely your attorney will be able to set emergency motions/get temporary orders/take immediate action to protect your son -- both now and in the future.
    As you know, this matter is too important not to act right now!

Child abuse topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics