I need help to find a lawyer to help me in my divorce proceedings.

Asked over 2 years ago - Athens, TX

I was born and resided in Texas most of my life but have been living overseas for more than 3 years now. I have been back to Texas twice during this time and started divorce proceedings, only to find out on my return to the country where I now reside, that my wife never signed the final agreement papers after my departure. I cannot afford to return again to the US for this at the moment but wish to get this finalized as quickly as possible and at not too high a price as I am now a pensioner and I rely on my monthly Social Security cheque to meet most of my expenses.
Please could someone advise me who I can contact in order to get my divorce finalized as soon as possible.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Any experienced family law attorney in your area will be able to assist you. You should research some here on Avvo to decide which one to go with, there are many great attorneys listed on Avvo and ones that provide valuable insight within the forums.

    You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Divorce court

Divorce court is where the divorce process takes place. The court may determine matters like alimony, child custody, and property division.

Avvo Staff

An Overview of Divorce Court Fees

Just as each state has its own requirements to successfully file for divorce, each state also has its own types of fees and rules for when they will be applied. You may find this overview... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

17,011 answers this week

2,317 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

17,011 answers this week

2,317 attorneys answering