Skip to main content

I need help on my application for work authorization

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

I am self-financing international student in Fort-Lauderdale. I filed for authorization to accept off-campus job due to economic hardship because I no longer get funds from my sponsor and there is no on-campus job opportunity in my school, but I don't want to lose my MBA program because it means so much to my life and future career, and I am doing extremely well in my studies. All I want is a chance to get a job legitimately and earn a decent living, pay my bills and fund my program. But the dhs is requesting affidavit and evidence that I got an employer who has filed labor and wage attestation. But most jobs wouldn't accept me before I get the authorization. I need help.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Employment authorization for F-1 students experiencing economic hardship does not require an labor of wage attestation from an employer. It sounds as though you are confusing this with an H-1B visa. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review your case and advise you the best way to proceed.

    While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

  2. And for that help you need to pay a visit to an immigration attorney in Florida.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics