I need help on approval i 130 based on married but we no longer married can I still use this to apply work EAD it been 16months

Asked over 1 year ago - Lithonia, GA

I was married and file my papers all together with i765,I485 and I130 on may 2011 was my biometrics date i went there and took my finger print and picture and on June 15 I receiver denied notice I485 and i765 cause they couldnt found my i94 at that time my wife threaten for my deportation if I don't do as what she want me to my whole life became controlling and abuse mentally on October 2011 we finalized our divorce and on November I went to interview by myself and told the office we divorced and now I'm doing i360 and then month later I received approval notice of my i130 now as today I'm still waiting on new my case I360 which still pending can I us my old case 130 approval to get my EAD card or green card is this still valid even though we divorce its been 16 months since please

1. Tracie Lynn Klinke

1

1

Answered . I'm sorry to hear about the tough situation you are in. Since you are divorced, the I-130, even though approved, is no longer valid. You cannot use it as a basis to get a new work card. If you filed a new I-485 with the I-360, you will get a new work card through that application.

This general advice does not create an attorney-client relationship.
  2. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

1

1

Answered . No. you can not get employment authorization with an approved I-130. You must have an I-485 filed and the file must establish a prime facie eligibility before you will get an EAD. There are special provisions for those who have been victims of abuse and/or entered into the marriage with good intentions. I strongly suggest you discuss your case with an experienced immigration attorney.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . No. The divorce ended the case.