I need help in writing a letter to my landlord cancelling my notice to vacate letter.

Asked over 5 years ago - Tustin, CA

Earlier this month, I wrote a 30-days notice to vacate to my landlord. Unfortunately, I will not be able to move out anymore. I spoke with my landlord and he has asked me to write a letter to cancel/void my notice to vacate. What is the best way to write that letter?

1. Lawrence Hindin Geller

Pro

Answered . Your landlord most likely wants you to write a letter canceling your notice to terminate your rental agreement to protect the landlord. If you have been a good tenant and paid your rent timely, be assured the landlord does not want you to leave. Since you have served the landlord with a notice of termination, the landlord wants to document that you have canceled it.

You might consider the following:
    Dear (name of landlord):
    I hereby rescind my notice of termination of our lease dated (the date of your earlier notice) and withdraw same. This written communication shall serve to confirm my oral conversation with you rescinding my notice of termination.
    Sincerely,

That should do it. Make sure you keep a copy for your own files.
    Good Luck