I need help filing my I-751

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I am filing my I-751 below are the supporting documents:
1.Joint apartment lease
2.Joint Car lease
3.Joint Car insurance
4.Letters of recommendation from two friends
5.Vacation and marriage pictures
6.Joint tax returns from 2 years
7.Joint phone bill
Am i missing something? I dont have anything else to provide.

Additional information

I am filing jointly with my spouse.

Attorney answers (6)

  1. Daniel Warren Thomann

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . For starters, you do not indicate what the basis of your filing is - will this be a joint petition? Are you seeking a waiver of the joint filing requirement? Is this being filed on time or late?

    The instructions for Form I-751 give you some guidance about what documents you need to include (not just to establish bona fides but also for the application itself), but the decision of what documents will be "enough" really depends on a review of the case as a whole. There is no "checklist" of what's enough and what isn't, the evidence varies on a case by case basis. I don't think it's possible to tell you whether you're missing anything over a website such as this, and I think you should contact an attorney directly to help you with your filing. Good luck!

    www.azitalaw.com - 312.641.0771 - The information above is general in nature and is not intended to create an... more
  2. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . True. You do. Use the FInd a lawyer feature above, limit your search to immigration and IL and find an immigration attorney. Then, contact the attorney directly for a consultation.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  3. Irene Vaisman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you need help filing your I-751, retain an attorney. Although you list some joint documents, we do not know anything else about you, hence, it is very difficult to help.

    Irene Vaisman, Esq. 11 Broadway, Suite 615 New York, NY 10004 (646) 253-0516 This is not legal advice and a... more
  4. Joseph Andrew Brabender IV


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . When my wife applied for an adjustment of status I hired a lawyer despite the fact that I am a lawyer myself. Why would you attempt to go it alone on such an important matter? Immigration lawyers offer flat fees for these types of services and they are usually quite reasonable.

    Though we strive to provide accurate legal information in our answers on AVVO, our answer should not be construed... more
  5. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Unknown. We do not know you, we do not know the basis for the I-751, and we do not know what evidence you have available.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  6. Stephen D. Berman

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . looks good. Don't forget to resubmit the evidence from your adjustment.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,116 answers this week

3,229 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,116 answers this week

3,229 attorneys answering