I need help filing my I-751

Chicago, IL |

I am filing my I-751 below are the supporting documents:
1.Joint apartment lease
2.Joint Car lease
3.Joint Car insurance
4.Letters of recommendation from two friends
5.Vacation and marriage pictures
6.Joint tax returns from 2 years
7.Joint phone bill
Am i missing something? I dont have anything else to provide.

I am filing jointly with my spouse.

For starters, you do not indicate what the basis of your filing is - will this be a joint petition? Are you seeking a waiver of the joint filing requirement? Is this being filed on time or late?

The instructions for Form I-751 give you some guidance about what documents you need to include (not just to establish bona fides but also for the application itself), but the decision of what documents will be "enough" really depends on a review of the case as a whole. There is no "checklist" of what's enough and what isn't, the evidence varies on a case by case basis. I don't think it's possible to tell you whether you're missing anything over a website such as this, and I think you should contact an attorney directly to help you with your filing. Good luck! - 312.641.0771 - The information above is general in nature and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship between us. It is intended simply as background material, is current only as of its indicated date, and may not include important details and special rules that could be applicable to your case. You should consult an attorney directly before acting or refraining from action.

True. You do. Use the FInd a lawyer feature above, limit your search to immigration and IL and find an immigration attorney. Then, contact the attorney directly for a consultation.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Unknown. We do not know you, we do not know the basis for the I-751, and we do not know what evidence you have available.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

If you need help filing your I-751, retain an attorney. Although you list some joint documents, we do not know anything else about you, hence, it is very difficult to help.

Irene Vaisman, Esq. 11 Broadway, Suite 615 New York, NY 10004 (646) 253-0516 This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (646) 253-0516.

looks good. Don't forget to resubmit the evidence from your adjustment.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Still need an attorney to review everything in person.

When my wife applied for an adjustment of status I hired a lawyer despite the fact that I am a lawyer myself. Why would you attempt to go it alone on such an important matter? Immigration lawyers offer flat fees for these types of services and they are usually quite reasonable.

Though we strive to provide accurate legal information in our answers on AVVO, our answer should not be construed as legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Our firm only forms attorney-client relationships by written agreement signed by both our firm and the client. Please seek an in-person consultation with an attorney immediately as almost all legal matters are time sensitive and failing to meet deadlines can result in adverse consequences.

Marriage and prenups topics

Recommended articles about Marriage and prenups