I need help filing my I-751

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I am filing my I-751 below are the supporting documents:
1.Joint apartment lease
2.Joint Car lease
3.Joint Car insurance
4.Letters of recommendation from two friends
5.Vacation and marriage pictures
6.Joint tax returns from 2 years
7.Joint phone bill
Am i missing something? I dont have anything else to provide.

I am filing jointly with my spouse.

1. Daniel Warren Thomann

7

Answered . For starters, you do not indicate what the basis of your filing is - will this be a joint petition? Are you seeking a waiver of the joint filing requirement? Is this being filed on time or late?

The instructions for Form I-751 give you some guidance about what documents you need to include (not just to establish bona fides but also for the application itself), but the decision of what documents will be "enough" really depends on a review of the case as a whole. There is no "checklist" of what's enough and what isn't, the evidence varies on a case by case basis. I don't think it's possible to tell you whether you're missing anything over a website such as this, and I think you should contact an attorney directly to help you with your filing. Good luck!

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . True. You do. Use the FInd a lawyer feature above, limit your search to immigration and IL and find an immigration attorney. Then, contact the attorney directly for a consultation.

3. Irene Vaisman

Pro

5

Answered . If you need help filing your I-751, retain an attorney. Although you list some joint documents, we do not know anything else about you, hence, it is very difficult to help.

4. Joseph Andrew Brabender IV

Pro

3

Answered . When my wife applied for an adjustment of status I hired a lawyer despite the fact that I am a lawyer myself. Why would you attempt to go it alone on such an important matter? Immigration lawyers offer flat fees for these types of services and they are usually quite reasonable.

5. J Charles Ferrari

4

Answered . Unknown. We do not know you, we do not know the basis for the I-751, and we do not know what evidence you have available.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

6. Stephen D. Berman

2

Answered . looks good. Don't forget to resubmit the evidence from your adjustment.