I need help fighting USCIS for my citizenship. They denied me the citizenship but, state on the letter I can fight them to court

Asked over 2 years ago - Philadelphia, PA

Please tell me the best thing to do on my case. My thought was to get a lawyer to fight for me

Attorney answers (4)

  1. William John Vandenberg


    Contributor Level 5


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Sure you can fight. But the best thing is to sit down with an experienced immigration attorney to see if it is worth it. Sometimes, USCIS is absolutely right, that the applicant doesn't qualify for citizenship. But other times the officer misunderstood, or made a mistake, and an experienced immigration attorney can help. Contact my office to sit down for a consultation. You only have 30 days to file an N-336 to appeal the decision if USCIS denied your N-400, so don't wait too long.

    Good luck!

    John Vandenberg

  2. Deborah Lynne Karapetian

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . We first have to determine why they denied you and then see if you are eligible. Having an Attorney see the denial is crucial.

  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Meet with an attorney: www.ailalawyer.com

    Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel & Former Professor of Immigration Law - Capriotti International Law - franco@capriotti.com

    Our services are not limited by State, nor International bounderies. Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.
    Do not rely completely on information you get on any website. It is always wise to consult personally with an immigration attorney before taking action.

    Consider contacting one of the attorneys on Avvo, or www.ailalawyer.com

    NOTE: If you are low income go here: www.justice.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm or http://www.immigrationlawhelp.org/

    Capriotti International Law

    FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  4. Javier E Morales

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues, you need to meet with an attorney in person so he/she can review the denial and determine what if anything can be done.

    Morales Law Firm P.A. 2100 Coral Way Ste 703 Miami, FL 33145 (305) 851-7856 This response is not offered as... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,551 answers this week

3,588 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,551 answers this week

3,588 attorneys answering