I need help before going to court. Where can I find "Administrators' Requirements" in Maryland ? - TA 13 410 e2

Rockville, MD |

Sometime ago I have received a ticket because the tabs were attached to front plate of a vehicle (my wife's vehicle) which I was driving.

I opted to go to trial and dispute it.

Searched the Section 13-410 and have read it all (including subsection 2e) but I can't find a single reference as to on which plate the tabs should be attached.
It only says "(2) The tab shall be displayed on the plates of the vehicle in the manner that the Administrator requires." but does not specify as to what exactly Administrators' requirement in this regard is.

Where can I find Administrators' Requirements?

Where does it specifically state that tabs are required to be attached to rear plate as opposed to front?

1. I'm not entirely sure where the administrator's requirements would be if not in the statute. However, another place to do research is Maryland COMAR, Title 11 Department of Transportation. The MVA has a lot of code there. -- http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/subtitle_chapters/11_Chapters.aspx#Subtitle15 -- good luck.

www.mdappeals.com - This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.

2. State administrative agencies are empowered by the legislature in their enabling statutes to issue regulations in order to carry out their mandate under the statute which created them. Details like where a registration sticker is supposed to be placed are left to the MVA and not included in the statute. All state agencies must publish their regulations in the Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR for short). The regulation pertaining to registration stickers (the content of which is included as an instruction for where to affix the stickers when mailed to you by the MVA), is as follows:
    "Registration plates shall be affixed to the vehicle and validation stickers shall be displayed on the rear registration plate on or before the expiration date of the registration ...."
    COMAR, 11.15.16.02 (B)(1). Link: http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/getfile.aspx?file=11.15.16.02.htm

3. I defer to my Maryland colleagues- but I believe statute refers to putting tab on rear. License plate.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

Traffic tickets topics