I need help and good attorney asap

Asked 7 months ago - Panama City, FL

Im ordered to 775 $ in child support a month. I can't afford that because I have 2 other children whom stay with me in sc. I need attorney help fight this for me. My state have different espenses then florida. I have to find a attorney from Florida. This isn't fear to my other children. I just found out the child was mine when we went to ccourt. I need to appeal this asap. I need a good attorney who can transfer this case to my juridition where I live.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Tami Lane Augen


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to retain Florida counsel to assist you. If the minor child resides in Florida with the Mother, you cannot transfer the matter to your jurisdiction. However, you can appeal the child support based upon case law that it is error to fail to take into account the effect of other children that you are required to support. You must act quickly as there are strict time limits regarding appeals. Best of luck to you.

    This answer is for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for your particular case nor... more
  2. Robert Jason De Groot


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You will need a transcript of the hearing and to retain counsel in Florida, quickly. You will not get the case transferred to SC if the child and mother reside in FL.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,
  3. Karen Tallent Munzer


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If the child is located in Florida, the Florida Courts retain jurisdiction the child related issues. You can call up the Florida Bar or the local county bar for referral to an attorney. In the child support calculations, there should have been an accounting for the children you currently support. You have a limited time period to make file objections and have the child support recalculated using the correct figures.

    ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** This response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,310 answers this week

2,960 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,310 answers this week

2,960 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary