I need help and good attorney asap

Asked 11 months ago - Panama City, FL

Im ordered to 775 $ in child support a month. I can't afford that because I have 2 other children whom stay with me in sc. I need attorney help fight this for me. My state have different espenses then florida. I have to find a attorney from Florida. This isn't fear to my other children. I just found out the child was mine when we went to ccourt. I need to appeal this asap. I need a good attorney who can transfer this case to my juridition where I live.

1. Tami Lane Augen

Pro

6

Answered . You need to retain Florida counsel to assist you. If the minor child resides in Florida with the Mother, you cannot transfer the matter to your jurisdiction. However, you can appeal the child support based upon case law that it is error to fail to take into account the effect of other children that you are required to support. You must act quickly as there are strict time limits regarding appeals. Best of luck to you.

2. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

4

Answered . You will need a transcript of the hearing and to retain counsel in Florida, quickly. You will not get the case transferred to SC if the child and mother reside in FL.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,
  3. Karen Tallent Munzer

Pro

3

Answered . If the child is located in Florida, the Florida Courts retain jurisdiction the child related issues. You can call up the Florida Bar or the local county bar for referral to an attorney. In the child support calculations, there should have been an accounting for the children you currently support. You have a limited time period to make file objections and have the child support recalculated using the correct figures.