I need citation of florida laws I can use to amend my complaint against an insurance company. I

Asked over 1 year ago - Punta Gorda, FL

I am a pro se litigant who is a plaintiff against an insurance company. I am trying to amend my complaint to add fraud, negligence, and privacy violation. I currently have a breach of contract claim against them.
Please give me the relevant laws that cover fraud, negligence to settle a claim properly, and privacy violation committed by an insurance company that I may be able to use. I used to have breach of contract and statutory bad faith but the judge had stricken the bad faith and punitive damages on the first day of trial. I would like to add in some other laws violated by the insurance company in the place of bad faith, such as negligence to process my renter's insurance claim, privacy violations, and fraud in portraying the contract in such a way. Please site the relevant Florida la

1. Barry A. Stein

Pro

2

Answered . This is an inappropriate forum to get this information and impossible to answer. Fraud negligence and privacy violation are all fact specific claims. Case authority is not needed, you need to allege ultimate facts that support the conclusions that these violations have occurred. Seek legal guidance even if it is only for the drafting of your complaint.

2. Eugene P. Castagliuolo

Answered . Your time would be much better spent building a space shuttle, and your chances of a successful launch would be greater than your chances of this lawsuit being successful.

3. Felipe Bastos Fulgencio

Answered . My colleagues are correct. If you want to win, hire competent legal counsel. The insurance company already has.

4. William Emil Cassara

Pro

1

Answered . Proceeding pro se in a case like this is like performing surgery on yourself. It doesn't work. If you can't afford to retain counsel through the entire trial, you should at least pay someone to draft the complaint and possibly respond to their motion to dismiss.