I need attorney advise on deciding what step I should take on being able to become legal in the United States???

Asked 9 months ago - Pasco, WA

I'm 26 years old and I came from Mexico to the U.S. illegally when I was four. I finished high school and went to trade school. I now live with my boyfriend and have a baby together he is a citizen. I have no criminal record, i report my taxes, and have never left the country. So I wanted to know what would you recommend me to do about becoming legal in the United States. I know some information about the deferred action but I don't know if that is safe. I'm confused and need help?

1. J Charles Ferrari

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . DACA would get you a work permit for two years. Whether anything else is possible depends on you getting married, the status of your spouse, how you entered the US, etc.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

2. Barbara A Marcouiller

Pro

5

1

Answered . You may very well qualify for deferred action, you also may qualify to apply for permanent residence. It is important that you meet with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the benefits and risks of each option.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

6

Answered . Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals is safe ... meet with an attorney and do it as soon as possible.

4. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

5

Answered . You appear to qualify for the DACA program. Please consult with an immigration attorney to discuss eligibility requirements and details.

5. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

4

Answered . On first impression, you appear to qualify for the provisional DACA benefits, but I suggest selecting a licensed attorney to prepare and file your submission competently.

6. Stephen D. Berman

Pro

3

Answered . File DACA.