I need assistance or advice to obtain my passport,

Asked over 1 year ago - Aiken, SC

I was hired for a position in the oil & natural gas industry for Halliburton in Brazil, I applied for my passport and was denied, due to on documents claiming I owed back child support in the state of Georgia in amount over $25,000. I have made numerous calls to dispute this amount to no avail. I cannot get in contact with the mother to try to rectify this issue, I haven't talked to her in over 5 years. She remarried and moved with my son, I heard to Oklahoma but im not sure of this. I have 90 days to obtain my passport or forfeit my position. I paid child support for my son until he was a sophomore in high school, I feel I may owe around $9000, but not the amount claimed by child support enforcement. I really need some help.

1. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . You will need to clear the arrears in order to be issued a passport.

One or more answers have been taken down.