Skip to main content

I need assistance fighting a GOMOR in my OMPF and a forced retirement memo which was issued without board action

Sacramento, CA |
Filed under: Employment Military law

Bottom line up front, I was exonerated through an Art 32b investigation and my flag lifted "case closed favorably". Yet a GOMOR that I received prior to the Art 32 (for the same offense) was recently filed in my OMPF, and a memo from our state adjutant General which directs my retirement (again issued prior to Art 32 and without any board action) is ruining my career. To add insult to injury, I was DA select for the next higher grade and because the GOMOR was filed in my OMPF I am now being told that I may have to face a Promotion Review Board. I am awaiting that decision from the Secretary of the Army. I need assistance in removing the GOMOR, getting the retirement memo destroyed and possibly fighting a PRB. I am fighting everything on my own and am unsure where to turn.

Attorney Answers 4


You need to retain counsel. Most of us here on AVVO offer free consultations. My office has handled several of these cases, and I would be happy to discuss it with you if you want to contact me directly.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


You need to consult an experienced military attorney as soon as possible. My office can assist you in appealing and submitting a package to remove the GOMAR and retirement memo from your OMPF. Additional information is available on my website. Feel free to call me to discuss. The consultation is confidential and offered at no cost. Best of luck.

Mark as helpful


You can contact me direct for a free consult. I agree with The others, you need an experienced counsel to represent you in these types of matters.

Mark as helpful


These are complex cases.
You have to petition DASEB on the GOMR.
Keep in mind you have not been "exonerated." The case was closed after the 32 for any number of reasons. These could include a weak case. They also might have decided they had a weak case, there was a GOMR in place, and so that was enough to kill your career.
If you are being "ordered" to retire, which seems odd in itself, then it's likely you won't get promoted, and even then you have a potential time in grade issue.;; 703-298-9562, 800-401-1583. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics