I need an immmigration lawyer for a criminal case in california

Asked 4 months ago - New Haven, CT

Theres a bench warrant under a name I used when I came into this country. Around 1990 my exgirlfriend sold illegal drugs n when I came from work the state police raided my apartment. There was drug in the apt. but I didnt know she sold drugs. I was taken to jail n charged as an acomplice. That happened 23 years ago n because they fingerprinted me know I have a record. I need a lawyer to clear my name.

1. Thomas Collins Leaf

Best Answer

Answered . before you speak with an immigration attorney, you need to discuss this with a criminal defense attorney in the area where this warrant is from. Once you do that then you can speak to an immigration attorney to determine the best way to resolve this problem. Use Find a Lawyer here on Avvo to get started.

2. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

1

1

Answered . Use the "Find a Lawyer" function here on AVVO to locate an attorney in California to help you.

3. Christopher Thomas DeMatteo

Pro

1

Answered . Is the warrant in California? You should contact a lawyer who practices in the court which ordered the warrant.