Skip to main content

I need an expert DYFS attorney yo help me, DYFS removed my kids without a court order,without any notice.

Mount Laurel, NJ |

I do not have a lot of money, I am a single mom, and I am scared. I've only seen them 2 times, supervised, and they looked awful. it seems like this caseworker keepstrying to find "new" reasons why they were removed in the first place. HELP! PLEASE!

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Call Allison Williams of Paragano and Williams. She has two offices. One up in union and one down in wall. Tell her I sent you. I refer her all of my dyfs cases because, in my opinion, she's as close to an "expert" in this area of law as they come.

  2. The Division of Child Protection and Permanency (formeryly known as DYFS) does not always need to provide notice when taking children. There are some situations which are deemed emergencies, in which they may have your children removed from your care immediately.

    If you are unable to afford one, you have the right to an attorney. You should be able to apply through the Public Defender's Office, to the Office of Parental Representation in your county. I believe your county is Burlington.

  3. My firm handles Division matters and you need to act right away to avoid further harm to your interests.

    DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed

  4. The Division will notify you to appear in court for a "Dodd" hearing. That should occur in the next day or two. You may apply for a public defender at the hearing. Ask your caseworker for a "5A" form and submit it to Court at the beginning of the hearing. If you qualify, ask the judge for a PD to represent you immediately in the Dodd. I'm not sure how things work in Burlington County, but the OPR (Office of Parental Representation) of the Public Defender will often assign a PD to represent you "provisionally" at the Dodd, if someone is around. Good luck!

    The information posted by the Law Office of Jordan A. Stern on Avvo is not legal advice. Consult an attorney for advice regarding your situation. We invite you to contact us via phone, mail, fax and email. Contacting us or sending us information does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until we establish an attorney-client relationship. If you send us information before we establish an attorney-client relationship, that information is not confidential. The Law Office of Jordan A. Stern limits its practice to the State of New Jersey. Office hours by appointment. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. Our services related to credit defaults, mortgage foreclosures, eviction proceedings, excessive debt, debt collection pressure, or inability to pay any consumer debt may involve bankruptcy relief under Title 11 of the United States Code. Thanks. © 2011 Law Office of Jordan A. Stern LLC · All Rights Reserved.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics