I need an elder laywer, we have to court dates and my brother has no authority and has sold everything in my dads house and try

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lancaster, CA

ing to rent it out my sister took his cars, they threw him in a home, he has some alheimzers , i am willing to take care of him, those are his wishes, yes he can answer questions. he doesnt belong there, already he has had 2 big bruses on him twice. if you can help me please call me debbie we go to santa monica court for probate 3/28/13 and pomona court 3/21/13 where my brother filed for conser of my dad, thats the last thing my dad wants is my brother in charge. debbie 209-381-9811 call asap. i need help, so does my dad?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Daphne Lori Macklin

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You need to contact a probate attorney in your community to do the following things: (1) challenge your brother's efforts to be appointed conservator of your father and his estate; (2) have a temporary guardian of the estate appointed to secure your father's resources; (3) arrange to have you or possibly the public guardian appointed to oversee your father's care. You want to make certain that you hire an attorney who understands probate law and family dynamics.

    This is not a substitute for a consultation with a probate attorney in your community.
  2. Samuel R Walker


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You need to contact an attorney to challenge the conservatorship immediately. I can help you if you would like a free consultation give me a call and or visit my website. www.attorneysamwalker.com 714-943-2336

  3. Lawrence A Friedman

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need an elder law attorney who does litigation. Rather than ask someone to call you, you can find a local elder law attorney at NAELA.org or NELF.org.

    Lawrence Friedman, Bridgewater, NJ. Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the ABA approved National Elder Law Foundation, former Chair NJ State Bar Association Elder and Disabilities Law Section, Member Board of Consultors of NJSBA Real Property, Trusts & Estates Law Section, Vice Chair Special Needs Law Section of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, and Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation from N.Y.U. School of Law. Visit SpecialNeedsNJ.com for articles and Q&A on elder law, special needs, wills, trusts, estates, and tax. Visit SpecialNeedsNJ.com/blog and subscribe for free timely updates to be delivered to your inbox. Information on both Avvo and SpecialNeedsNJ.com does not constitute legal advice, as it is general in nature and may not apply to your situation or be subject to important changes. No attorney client relationship exists unless set forth in written engagement terms.

    Lawrence Friedman, Bridgewater, NJ. Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the ABA approved National Elder Law... more

Related Topics

Guardianship and child custody

A guardianship is a legal arrangement for who will have custody and be responsible for the care of child, or "ward." The guardian acts in the child's interests.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,965 answers this week

3,044 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,965 answers this week

3,044 attorneys answering