I need an attorney who handles lawyer malpractice in Orange County, California.

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA |

I had a bankruptcy lawyer who has literally ripped me off. That lawyer has been previously disciplined by the bar association and after my complaint against him, he hired a representative to work on the complaint I filed with the California Bar. At the behest of other attorneys, I've also filed a complaint with the U.S. Bankruptcy Office (DOJ).

1. Feel free to use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" function. The Q&A is not intended for attorney recruitment (or client solicitation, either).

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

2. Its unfortunate that you had to deal with this type of behavior from a professional. Avvo is a great resource as is your local bar association. Best of luck.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

3. There are many lawyers here on AVVO in southern CA. I'm sure some of them handle legal malpractice. Type legal malpractice in the Find A Lawyer tab above. Good luck.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

4. Legal malpractice is a field in and of itself but one that is unique in that it often requires an attorney with experience and knowledge of the field in which the case is based. That is, should a client seek to sue a real estate lawyer for malpractice (I heard tale there was one bad real estate lawyer out there, but that was in the late sixties), it could be another real estate lawyer that would represent the plaintiff against the lawyer. Thus, someone looking to sue a particular kind of lawyer may want to look to other lawyers who also practice in that same field as the "defendant lawyer." Another advantage of hiring a lawyer in the same field, is that he or she would more easily be able to distinguish a good case from one with little chance of success as that lawyer will know how that particular area of law is actually practiced (not just what the books say should be practiced, but the actual working standards of the field).

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. ... Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker... Fransen & Molinaro, LLP... 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206... Corona, CA 92879... (951)520-9684... www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com... "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." ... * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy... ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

5. I can take a look at the case, if you call me.

Ajay Kwatra
    (858) 539-1820