I need an attorney who handles lawyer malpractice in Orange County, California.

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA |

I had a bankruptcy lawyer who has literally ripped me off. That lawyer has been previously disciplined by the bar association and after my complaint against him, he hired a representative to work on the complaint I filed with the California Bar. At the behest of other attorneys, I've also filed a complaint with the U.S. Bankruptcy Office (DOJ).

Feel free to use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" function. The Q&A is not intended for attorney recruitment (or client solicitation, either).

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

Thanks but I'm not sure which category that would fall under - would it be Ethics/Professional Responsibility? If so, the lawyers there represent other lawyers and not clients. I can't find a category for clients.

Paula Brown Sinclair

Paula Brown Sinclair

What happens when you search "legal malpractice?"

I get the same results (as well as suggestions for other things such as "medical malpractice."

Its unfortunate that you had to deal with this type of behavior from a professional. Avvo is a great resource as is your local bar association. Best of luck.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

Thank you. At the moment, I'm extremely stressed about the situation. I've shown my materials to several other attorneys and all have said that I've been wronged. I've already checked with my local bar (they charge $25 for referrals), as well as with legal aid. I can't find anyone who helps clients - only law firms that represent attorneys.

Sean Michael Patrick

Sean Michael Patrick

You can try www.norcaljustice.com I know they do this kind of work, but they are based in Sacramento, California. Might be worth a shot.

Thank you. I'm in So. Cal but I'll give them a call.

There are many lawyers here on AVVO in southern CA. I'm sure some of them handle legal malpractice. Type legal malpractice in the Find A Lawyer tab above. Good luck.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

Thank you but this was already suggested by Ms. Sinclair. As I noted in my response to her, doing a search on "Find A Lawyer" only reveals lawyers who represent other lawyers and not clients. I'm still looking for someone to help.

Adrienne Patricia Allen

Adrienne Patricia Allen

I apologize. I did not click the comment open. I went to the Finda A Lawyer tab and checked out the first several websites (for LA) and I see what you mean. They all defend lawyers. Why don't you do another question in the bankruptcy category simply asking if there are any attorneys in California (can be anywhere in CA) who handle legal malpractice cases specifically against a bankruptcy attorney. I bet you will get some responses. Good luck!

Legal malpractice is a field in and of itself but one that is unique in that it often requires an attorney with experience and knowledge of the field in which the case is based. That is, should a client seek to sue a real estate lawyer for malpractice (I heard tale there was one bad real estate lawyer out there, but that was in the late sixties), it could be another real estate lawyer that would represent the plaintiff against the lawyer. Thus, someone looking to sue a particular kind of lawyer may want to look to other lawyers who also practice in that same field as the "defendant lawyer." Another advantage of hiring a lawyer in the same field, is that he or she would more easily be able to distinguish a good case from one with little chance of success as that lawyer will know how that particular area of law is actually practiced (not just what the books say should be practiced, but the actual working standards of the field).

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
Corona, CA 92879
(951)520-9684
www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. ... Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker... Fransen & Molinaro, LLP... 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206... Corona, CA 92879... (951)520-9684... www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com... "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." ... * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy... ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

I can take a look at the case, if you call me.

Ajay Kwatra
(858) 539-1820

Thank you. I just left a message.

Paula Brown Sinclair

Paula Brown Sinclair

I think, Mr. Kwatra, that you will want to review the TOS on client solicitation.